Call for Papers
Call for Papers 2021
Volume 19 Issue 1 (Call opens 4th January 2021 - E: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss submitting a paper)
Call for Special Issues
Send your idea for a special issue!
BLIS Journal invites proposals for special issues that focus on a specific area of research that has broad appeal and falls within the aims and scopes of the journal. Special issues provide an excellent opportunity to review an addressed topic, examine previously unaddressed aspects, propose and develop new approaches, exchange perspectives, encourage new lines of research and widen new research areas.
To help potential Guest Theme Editors to prepare a special issue proposal suitable for evaluation by the BLIS Journal Editorial Team, we have provided the instructions below.
Selection of special issues will be made by the Editor-in-Chief, in consultation with the Associate Editors, based on the proposal elements requested below. During the evaluation process, the BLIS Journal Editorial Team may ask experts in the area of the special issue topic to give their opinions on the proposal.
Special issue proposals must contain the following:
1. A draft call for papers for the special issue. The call for papers must include:
a. A provisional title of the special issue.
b. Names and affiliations of the proposed Guest Theme Editors.
c. Justification for dedicating an entire issue of BLIS Journal to this topic.
d. The special issue's objective.
e. The special issue's scope: potential themes addressed in the special issue.
f. Examples of questions that would meet the objective of the special issue.
2. A promotion plan explaining how the call for papers will be advertised.
4. Potential guest editors should explicitly agree to adhere to current BLIS Journal editorial policies and processes.
6. Guest Theme Editors are asked to include a list of potential reviewers in their proposal.
7. Short CV of the proposed Guest Theme Editor, including a list of major publications and details of editorial experience.
8. An agreement to produce a Guest Them Editors’ accompanying statement about the special issue to help promote it online.
A special issue will normally contain 8 to 12 papers plus the Guest Theme Editors' introductory editorial review of up to 2000 words written by the Guest Them Editor.
Submitting your proposal
Contact Editor at
Go to Contact on menu
Copyright (c) BLIS Journal 2002-2021 all rights reserved